- News & Events
Feb 18, 2017
8:45am-12:00pm, Feb 18, 2017
Rudy North Lecture Theatre, Lower Level, Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health
Dr. Brian MacVicar
Join your colleagues for this Saturday Seminar featuring highlights from the neuroscience community at UBC.
- 8:45 a.m.: Dr. Brian MacVicar to provide welcome and introduction to the Saturday Brain Discussion series
- 9:00 a.m.: Dr. Bob Stowe: The clinical relevance of synaptic mutations to schizophrenia and autism
- 9:15 a.m.: Dr. Ann Marie Craig: Functional models of synaptic mutations in autism and schizophrenia
- 9:30 a.m.: Dr. Yu Tian Wang: What can we learn from phenotypical characterizations of epilepsy-related GABA-A receptor mutations of patients using recombinant expression system?
- 10:00 a.m.: Dr. Shernaz Bamji: Involvement of the X-linked Intellectual Disability Gene, DHHC9, in Epilepsy
10:15 a.m.: Coffee break and trainee posters in the Lower Level atrium
- 11:00 a.m.: Dr. Lara Boyd: Human Imaging in Brain Disorders
- 11:15 a.m.: Dr. Lynn Raymond: Altered synaptic plasticity in a Huntington disease mouse model: implications for selective neuronal vulnerability and impaired learning
- 11:30 a.m.: Dr. Vesna Sossi: Multi-tracer PET studies in LRRK2 mutation-carriers: Uncovering neurochemical changes in prodromal PD
- 11:45 a.m.: Dr. Brian MacVicar, and closing remarks